This has taken forever for me to get this on my blog?! Vegan Apple Cinnamon Muffins so delicious during apple season. You can also make these muffins full dairy if that's your pleasure and if it's all you have in your house.
- 2 Cups Spelt Flour + 2 tsps for chopped apples
- 2 Cups Chopped apples
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 1/2 tsps Cinnamon (1/2 tsp for chopped apples)
- 1 Cup Coconut sugar (or brown sugar if that's what you have)
- 2 tbsp Flax (Ground) add 6 tbs water (OR 2 eggs if you are not vegan)
- 2 tsps Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Non-dairy milk ( I used hemp so the snack could go to school or regular milk if you are not dairy free)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut oil (melted) or Butter if you are not vegan
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Combine 2 tbsp of ground flax with 6 tbsp of water, whisk together and set aside so that it gels together. OR this is where you would add 2 eggs.
Chop approximately 3 medium size muffins into small bite size pieces. Add 2 tsps of spelt flour and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. Mix well and set aside.
Mix all dry ingredients together, I like to whisk to ensure they are fully mixed. Add flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and sugar.
Combine all wet ingredients, plant based milk (hemp if it's a school treat) or any kind of nut milk, add coconut oil, vannila and flax mixture ( or eggs).
Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix with a hand mixer, just enough to be fully mixed.
Add coated apples and mix with a spoon.
Either coat your muffin tin with coconut oil or use muffin liners, add a heaping large spoon of the mixture into each muffin tin.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. Every oven is different so do the toothpick test. These are super moist muffins because the apples continue to give off apple juice goodness