This is hands down my kid’s favourite dinner and it’s simple to make. It can be made with chicken or just vegetarian, your choice!
1 onion (red)
3 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp ginger
1.5 lbs of chicken
2 cups of broccoli
1 red pepper
4 tbsp sesame oil
1 cup chicken stock
6 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 cup natural peanut butter
1. Sauté onion, garlic, sesame oil
2. Add cubed chicken and ginger
3. Saute above ingredients for another few mins
3. Add tamari, rice vinegar and peanut butter
4. Stir all ingredients until mixed well
5. Add veggies and chicken stock, mix well again.
6. Cover and let simmer for 10-12 mins or until chicken is cooked through. Add salt to taste.
If you want a vegetarian meal, add more veggies instead of chicken and use vegetable stock in place of chicken stock.
You also don’t have to use broccoli and red peppers, use the best combination for your family. I always keep 1/4 cup extra of chicken stock just in case sauce starts sticking to the bottom of the pan.
Hope your family enjoys this recipe as much as mine.